The Mighty Kind Movement
This educational toolkit, the third in the Orgamites series, has been created to encourage and inspire kids to take better care of one another and the environment too. As part of the ‘Mighty Kind Movement’ — over the course of 5 short lessons, your students will learn all about recycling, upcycling, lifecycling and how to not just do kind things, but be kinder people too.
Unlike the previous two toolkits, this toolkit is designed for students aged 8-14.
As part of the ‘Mighty Kind Movement’ — over the course of 5 short lessons, your students will learn all about recycling, upcycling, lifecycling and how to not just do kind things, but be kinder people too.
In order for teachers to bring this to life, here are some of the tools we’ve created:
- Five ready-to-go lesson plans and presentations teachers can use.
- A host of optional ‘challenges’ and classroom activities to really bring the lessons to life: including printable worksheets and three take-home resources.
- Lesson 1: How to Reduce & Reuse
- Lesson 2: How to Recycle
- Lesson 3: How to Upcycle
- Lesson 4: How and Why to Lifecycle (organ donation)
- Lesson 5: How to Live Kinder, Bolder and More Creative Lives
Over the course of these lessons, students will learn:
A. How and why to take better care of our planet
- How and why to reduce their waste (Lesson 1)
- How and why to recycle better (Lesson 2)
- How and why to upcycle (Lesson 3)
B. How to take better care of others
- The benefits of lifecycling (Lesson 4)
- How kindness and compassion can change the world (Lesson 5)
Toolkit #3 - The Mighty Kind Movement
Click the links below to view or download the resources in the Mighty Kind Movement toolkit:
- TK3 - Overview for Educators
- TK3 - Ready-to-Go Lesson Plan - Presentation
- TK3 - Lesson Plan - Teacher's Notes
- TK3 - Video: SuperHeroes Inside
- TK3 - Take Home Resource #1 - Recycling
- TK3 - Take Home Resource #2 - All About Plogging
- TK3- Take Home Resource #3 - Kindness
The end goal
Through fun, educational lessons and challenges, we hope to build an ever-growing, global movement of people committed to bringing more kindness and care into the world. One that:
- Inspires and equips children and their families to reduce, reuse and recycle their waste.
- Catalyzes and promotes more kindness within your classroom and beyond.
- Encourages children and parents to have some all-important conversations about organ donation.
Whether you’re a school principal, educator, healthcare practitioner or parent — we’ve endeavoured to make this topic as fun, lifegiving and informative as possible … all so that families can lead happier, healthier lives, feel equipped to make more informed choices and express those choices to their loved ones when they’re ready to.
Why the Orgamites?
- As the only global organ donation awareness program of its kind, the Orgamites consists of an ever-growing range of educational tools — all aimed at breathing new life and lightness into all-important conversations.
- For more info please visit www.orgamites.com
The Orgamites Programme is presented by All Good Co. which is a UK-based Community Interest Company. Current partners include: Live Life Give Life, Team Margot, Giving to Help Others, Onassis Foundation and Canadian Blood Services. Supported by NHS Blood and Transplant, Organ Donation Scotland and the European Society for Organ Transplantation (ESOT). Created by Roydon Turner. ©Copyright, Creative and Production by *Awesonova. All rights reserved. Discover more at Orgamites.ca or Orgamites.com